7-Nights Peru Family Multi-Adventure Tour - 20's & Beyond (Premiere Hotels)
Cusco, Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu
Standing above Machu Picchu, wispy clouds floating by, the jagged Andes in the background, you'll snap the photo. But actually being there—it will forever reset your view of humanity. How did they do it? There are few places on Earth like this. And to think, it's only one moment in a week's worth of incredible moments.
7 nights from $5699 per person
The Cuzco (Cusco) region of Peru combines Inca legacy with Spanish colonial architecture in an atmosphere at once provincial and sublime. The chaotic marketplaces where campesinos barter grain or potatoes for multi-colored fabric belie the mute spirituality of the Lost Cities, where Inca stonework conveys order and balance. Such diversity enhances this inspiring nine-day adventure. The blue sky radiates with an intensity achieved only at high altitudes (the city of Cuzco lies 11,150 feet above sea level), while the landscape offers its unique pattern of exacting agricultural grids and tangled jungle masses.
Urubamba is a well endowed town situated in the shadow of beautiful Chicon and Pumahuanca glaciers. The attractive Plaza de Armas is laid back and attractive, with palm trees and a couple of pines sourounded by interesting topiary. Weekends there's a large market on Jirón Palacio, which serves local villages; and at the large ceramic workshops set around a lovely garden at Avenida Berriozabal 111, new and ancient techniques are used to produce colourful, Amerindian inspired pots, household items and artistic pieces for sale on site. Urubamba makes an ideal base from which to explore mountains and lower hills around Sacred Valley, which are filled with sites. Also within walking distance, the salt pans of Salinas, still in use after more than four hundred years, are situated only a short distance from the village of Tarabamba, 6km along the road from Urubamba to Ollantaytambo.
Aguas Calientes (Peru)
Aguas Calientes, also known as Machu Picchu pueblo, and is located four miles away from Machu Picchu. The city was founded in 1901 as the railroad between Cuzco and Santa Ana was being built, in result, Aguas Calientes became a hub for the railroad’s machinery and home for those who worked it. Today, many people visit the city for its hot springs, or as a great starting point for those headed up to Machu Picchu.
Valid Travel Dates
- 7-nights hotel accommodations in Premiere Hotels
- Meals: All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Expertise and services of experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
- Discover the secrets of fascinating Machu Picchu, and explore sky-high Cusco, alive with Incan history
- Pedal alongside the mighty Urubamba River and through untouched Peruvian villages in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Connect with our local guide for an in-depth look into the diverse ancient civilizations of Peru and hike to Incan ceremonial sites
- Discover Peru's flavors and culture in private homes and haciendas as you enjoy farm-to-table meals and learn about local traditions
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
Divine Destination Weddings
4120 Douglas Blvd., Suite 306-535
Granite Bay, CA 95746
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.