Activities & Services
Excursions Off the Vessel
Off-ship excursions into the Amazon jungle from the Aria Amazon showcase the unique Amazon wildlife, birds, and plantlife of this rich habitat. Aqua Expeditions' customized aluminum motorized launch boats, or skiffs, take up to eight passengers in each on two to three daily excursions deep into Amazonia's snaking tributaries, in search of armored catfish, red-bellied piranhas, and the beady-eyed heads of bespectacled caimans in the enigmatic black waters. Just as captivating is the scene above water where yellow-spotted Amazon River turtles meander along the muddy shoreline, sapphire blue-beaked Amazon kingfishers streak past, and antediluvian prehistoric hoatzin birds alight on high branches near dusky titi monkeys playing in the tree canopy.
Guides and Crew
Four professionally trained naturalist guides lead guests of the Aria Amazon on daily expeditions aboard comfortable skiffs deep into the Amazon's tributaries and on foot into the sultry Amazon rainforest. These English-speaking experts grew up on the banks of the Amazon, and know every bird and mammal call. they possess the ability to spot a brown-throated three-toed sloth sleeping high up in the tree canopy, an anaconda slithering along the shoreline, and even the elusive capybara hiding in the high grass after nightfall.
These talented and experienced guides, with their firsthand knowledge of Amazon wildlife, plants, and birds, and the history of this part of Peru, and the expert skills of the captain and crew, as well as the support of the onboard paramedic, make the difference between a tourist's visit to Peru and an unforgettable, life enriching experience deep in the Amazon jungle.
- Bath Amenities/Toiletries
- Binoculars Available for rent, USD $25
- Hair Dryer
- Luxury Bedding
- Showers and/or Bath Tubs
- Boutique(s) (duty-free) The Aria Amazon’s onboard boutique offers guests the convenience of shopping at their leisure for high quality, thoughtfully selected Peruvian handicrafts and jewelry, and Aqua Expedition souvenirs. Artisanal items featured here include original pieces sourced directly from the artisans of Amazonia, who live and work in the communities Aqua Expeditions visit and actively support.
This is also the place to see the “Amazon proof” Enigma timepiece designed by Gianni Bulgari exclusively for the launch of the Aria Amazon. Waterproof to a depth of 300 feet, the steel case with sapphire Aqua C42 Amazon watch and a limited selection of Gianni Bulgari designed diamond and 14K gold Aqua Expedition jewelry are on display among the Peruvian treasures. Proceeds from the sale of these limited edition items go directly to social projects in the communities that the Aria Amazon visits throughout the year.
- Fitness Room
- Massage Room
- Bicycles (for use ashore)
- Watersports Kayaks available for use during excursions.
- Formal Restaurant(s)
- All Beverages Included In Cruise Fare